" " " complate desaign home: peony restraint

Friday, May 27, 2011

peony restraint



Every year my pink peony gets bigger and bigger and quite frankly becomes a bit unmanageable.
I remember when it was a little plant. .
I bought the peony ring at the store and it worked. .
sort of.
Then, I resorted to using old panty hose to to tie to poles to keep it feeling lifted.
My beloved saw my efforts as rather undistinguished in the garden.




This year. .
my beloved has taken the responsibility to keep the flowers off the ground when the inevitable rain will come down just when the blossoms are fully open.




He used some heavy rebar and welded a hoop on the bars.




I love the expanding waistline feature. 

Oh. .and wondering how that plant got so big.
Organic matter complimentary from the hens.

all for now. . 


No comments:

Post a Comment