" " " complate desaign home: Reading: Update

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Reading: Update

I bought this book in Arizona in 2008 when a good friend of mine insisted, (after I made him read Sharon Shinn's Mystic & Rider) that I needed to read it. I tried to read it. Twice. I never got past the second chapter, either time. Slow to start, maybe- or probably more to the point- slow to introduce female characters, which I am ridiculous about. I know, shame on me. But this time, I got through it, and as soon as Catelyn and Daenerys and Arya and Sansa were introduced, I was feeling much more into it. My copy has the "old cover" with Jon Snow and Ghost on it, and I fear now I'm going to have to go looking at used book stores when I go to buy A Clash of Kings because I have this thing about all my books matching. It's a true disease.

I'll probably go looking tomorrow. Or Saturday. Because I have to know what happens next. And that? Is a sign of a great book. (But I don't think HBO would have picked it up if it wasn't one. =D)


  • May 26th, A Game of Thrones, George RR Martin
  • April 13th,  Mirror Mirror, Gregory Maguire
  • February 8th, The Handmaid's Tale, Margaret Atwood. 
  • January 26th, Plot, Ansen Dibell.
  • January 24th, The Knot's Guide to Wedding Vows and Traditions, Carley Roney.
  • January 22nd, Of Bees and Mist, Erick Setaiwan.
  • January 19th, Eat Pray Love, Elizabeth Gilbert (read twice, back to back.)

No comments:

Post a Comment