" " " complate desaign home: weedless wednesday

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

weedless wednesday



I totally missed Tilling the Soil Tuesday so I had to make up another garden name. .
and I decided to call it weedless Wednesday in the truest sense of the word.

Yesterday morning I went out to the garden with my ice cream  weed pail ..
my kneeling pad. .
and my little three pronged hand tool. .
and weeded my garden.


The clouds were gaining weight and the odd splat hit my head so I hurried up each row ..
finishing just as it began to sprinkle with more effort.


Something has it out for my pole beans.
Both nibbled and whitewashed from above.  .
I am wondering if I'll be racing to bring in my produce before it gets eaten later this summer.


Planting onion sets gives a gardener quick gratification.

Potato salad. .
Baked Potato toppings.  .
Salads and nachos. .

Yum.  There is nothing like the scent of fresh herbs on your hands.


Clearly  . .
I didn't space my leaf lettuce seeds far enough apart. .
I planted more lettuce this last week. .
and will begin to thin it out..
toss it in a bowl ..
add a sprinkle of sugar a dash of vinegar. .
and a little bit of cream.


all for now ..

No comments:

Post a Comment