" " " complate desaign home: BEST. SUMMER. EVER. {Paper Craft}

Thursday, June 2, 2011

BEST. SUMMER. EVER. {Paper Craft}

We have a wall in our stairwell.  Years ago we followed a tradition of my husband’s family and created a picture wall on that blank space.  The picture wall was just hundreds of snapshots stapled to the wall so that they overlapped.  There were a few enlargements as well.  We would put up pictures of our friends and family and cute shots of our kid or pictures of memorable events.  It was fun.  But I got tired of it having no rhyme or reason.

So, I decided the pictures needed a frame to go in.  So, down came the pictures.  I got some molding to make a frame, but was too afraid to attempt it on my own.  So, maybe a year later my younger sister Jennifer, who is very handy and knows how to build things, came into town and helped me get the frame up.  After that I just needed to fill the nail holes and paint it and then re-hang the pictures.  Well, 4 or 5 years later I still haven’t gotten it done!  This is the story of my life.  We lived without a sink in our downstairs bathroom for about 4 years because it took me that long to complete the project of a vessel sink made from a bowl on a little antique dresser.

Anyway, since I never painted the frame and put the pictures back up, this space has been used for some different things.  Currently, it is housing our SUMMER TO-DO LIST, which is the main topic of this post!  Here it is!

IMG_5640

I cut 12x12 paper (this is from Wal-Mart) into quarters so I had 6x6 squares.  Then I made 4x4 squares with the activities printed in them.  I used 8 different fonts.  I attached the white squares to the scrapbook paper squares with double stick tape.  Originally I was going to do a banner with these, but I got a little carried away and made close to 80 squares!  So, the banner would have been longer than my house!  So, instead, I used sticky tack to put these up in my frame.  They make it look must more cheerful!  Don’t mind the old paint.  There is also a hole one of my precious boys kicked in the wall when he was mad!  Aren’t kids so fun???!!!

IMG_5635

Now, I want you to know this is not perfect.  Nothing I do ever is!  Do they fit in the frame perfectly??  NO.  Are the squares perfectly square?  NO.  Did my printer cut off the border on some of the squares?  YES.  Do I dislike one of the fonts I chose?  YES.  But, since I am fighting perfectionism I just let all of these things be.  It doesn’t change the fact that we are going to have a super fun summer!  My kids are VERY excited about all these activities.  I am hoping it keeps them from being complete couch potatoes this summer.  But, I must admit I am worried I will not be able to keep up with this plan!!!

IMG_5633

For those who might like to see my list more clearly, here it is!  ALSO, we will be needing friends to accompany us in some of these activities.  So I hope some of my Vegas friends will let me know what they would like to do with us!

summer fun ideas1 copysummer fun ideas2 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment