" " " complate desaign home: The Non-Reveal Reveal

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Non-Reveal Reveal


I'm calling this the non reveal because it's not "done" but I wanted to show you the paint color! Although, with the amount things move around in this house, "done" is never really the case.


Ignore the air conditioner, I know it's ugly but you do not want to be around me when the temperature is 90 something degrees and there is no air. Just trust me on that one.





I ended up going with two colors. In the future we'll put a chair rail up but for now a roll of painters tape was a whole lot cheaper. The top is a light gray that I mixed and the bottom is my old favorite, Clear Moon by Behr.



It was a subtle change but the lighter color really made a difference in the room. Before the paint was very blue and I'm loving it toned down a bit.






I'm thinking of putting some sort of wall lamp on either side of the hutch. I had a candle sconce up but I think a soft light would be nice in here. Hopefully I can find something vintage that we can rewire.





And we finally got those lights switched around. I'm thrilled with how the schoolhouse light looks in the kitchen.












There's a special message on that chalkboard. More about that tomorrow.....





No comments:

Post a Comment