" " " complate desaign home: Gluten-Free Goodness

Monday, September 27, 2010

Gluten-Free Goodness



Most of you don't know this about me, but I've been gluten-free for five years.  While this is a great challenge sometimes, if you've suffered from having gluten allergies or from Celiac disease, you know how a gluten-free diet is worth it.  Soooo worth it.  People ask me if I miss bread.  The answer is always a firm "No."  I don't feel terrible all the time, so who cares about bread?  However, sometimes I miss cookies.  Cakes....what can I say?  I'm human.

My genius baker friend (and gluten-free compadre), Karen Morgan, has written a cookbook that focuses on all those little treats we normally have to admire from afar.  Her company is called Blackbird Bakery and is based out of Austin.  She makes the most delightful, delicious baked goods that she is now sharing with the world.  Trust me, even if you're NOT gluten-free, you'll adore these delectables.  

My super talented friend, Knoxy of Knox Photographics lovingly shot all of the images for the cookbook too.  The result is a truly gorgeous and inviting cookbook.  How lucky am I to have such talented friends???

In addition to the book being available on Amazon and other bookstores across the country in October, it's also available now at Anthropologie!!


Congratulations @blackbirdbakes and @knoxphotogrphcs!!!  I'm so proud and excited.  I'm also going to attempt some of the recipes although I've never been much of a baker....

I'm off to Anthopologie now.

Smash

No comments:

Post a Comment