" " " complate desaign home: top 5 favorite pendant lamps

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

top 5 favorite pendant lamps


If you ask me, lighting is a make-it or break-it part of a room. Have you ever seen an otherwise fantastic room with only the overhead lighting that came with the house? That lack can ruin the ambiance in a serious way. A room needs all sorts of lighting (task, overhead, spotlight, etc.), but today I wanted to share my top 5 favorite overhead pendant lamps of the moment:

1.
Sausalito Drum Suspension | Troy Lighting $592
This is my absolute favorite pendant of the moment. It is a great size, shape, and style to fit in many different places and is super chic!

2.
Capiz Lotus Pendant | Worlds Away $372
This pendant is feminine and breezy. Pottery Barn carries a similar capiz pendant--it's just a little smaller but also cheaper at $200.

3.
Calhoun Glass Pendant | Pottery Barn $149
Mmmmmm I love this one. It's industrial and kind of sparse, but still warm. Plus it uses a filament bulb, so extra points for that.

4.
Large Country Industrial Pendant | Circa $1,260
Another industrial style, but this one is much sleeker and shiny. I like the mechanical look. I probably won't be using this one any time soon, though... it's pretty spendy.

5.
Grayson Chandelier | Oly Studio $2,650
And the spendiest of them all, this drum pendant is so fantastic. I love the color on the inside. So glamorous.


These are my picks, what are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment