" " " complate desaign home: my wedding

Friday, June 17, 2011

my wedding

This weekend, my husband and I will celebrate our second wedding anniversary! I thought it would be fun to share a some of the details from our little wedding.

We were married in the beautiful Nauvoo, Illinois LDS temple.

My dress was all ivory lace and beading, with a ruched chiffon wrap at the waist. I still love it and wish I had a reason to wear it again!


My bouquet was of blush garden roses, pink Hypericum berries and willow branches tied in ivory shantung silk. The bridesmaid bouquets and the boutonnieres and corsages for the groomsmen and parents all matched.

We had our luncheon reception in the garden of a historic bed & breakfast, the Ellis Sanders House.

 My mom and I created all the stationery. We used my favorite black-and-white striped grosgrain to tie around a little treat. It was so hot, we may have died without the fans.
  
 We lined the table with candelabras to give some height, but I somehow have no pictures of the table. I had the idea to use the bouquets as part of the tablescape. We had to stash them somewhere while we ate, so why not work them in? Genius, if I do say so myself.

The cake was chocolate with vanilla buttercream frosting and fondant that was pressed with lace to mimic the lace on my dress. We served it with ice cream.

Though it's not about to be featured in Martha Stewart Weddings, I loved my wedding. We were only engaged for 28 days (crazy, I know!), so needless to say, we kept things very small and simple. But it was elegant, happy, and very me--everything I wanted it to be.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment