" " " complate desaign home: rainy day

Friday, June 11, 2010

rainy day


Today was a pretty gross day out. Humid, drizzling, BLAH. I've completely given up on trying to tame my hair, and I'm letting it be completely natural. I miss those pre-adolescent days when I had stick straight hair without having to do a thing. I got a Japanese Hair Straightening Treatment a few years back...but it made my hair unbelievably flat! I'll see if I can dig up a picture for a following post. My hair had no volume and would have honestly looked better frizzy. Now my hair is definitely taking on more wave-status than frizz, so I'm not sure that I want to treat it. If anything, I'd do a Brazilian Blowout.

I only had to run a few errands so I threw this on. Anything remotely nautical is my go-to outfit when I'm in a rush! I picked up the sweater at Zara. It's very lightweight and VERY comfortable. I love it.



So I was waiting for my order at Starbucks (tall chai latté) when this raggedy man in his mid twenties used this age old pick up line on me:

"Hey...you look familiar."

No one has EVER tried to use a pick up line on me, much less inside a Starbucks. He asked me where I went to school, and I gave a vague answer. When I asked where he went to school, just to be polite, he told me, "Hawaii. Well, Bakersfield for elementary." Then he started listing off the names of all of his elementary, middle and high schools he had ever attended. WTF?

Luckily my chai came, and I was out of there ASAP.

Later on, I went to Sephora to pick up a couple tubes of DuWop Lip Venom.



It's only $16 from Sephora, and it's one of the best lip plumpers out there. If you don't already have it, definitely get some! Especially if you have small lips like I do, and lip injections aren't for you. It's really a great investment.

Mwah!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment