" " " complate desaign home: skincare

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

skincare

A lot of bloggers share their skin care routines, and I've decided to do the same. To be perfectly honest, a year ago I didn't know there was more to a routine than just a good facial cleanser. Now, with the help of my good friend Mer, I have a great skincare routine, and better skin than I've had in years!

1. Clarisonic Mia ($149)

At first I was skeptical about this, but Mer was so adamant that it was a great product so I decided to give it a try.

The clarisonic is basically like a toothbrush for your face. It cleans your skin 6x better than you could without using this brush. It's absolutely amazing! After about a week of skin purging, my skin cleared up more than it ever has. I use Philosophy's Purity Made Simple ($10-$45.50).
After trying acne cleansers unsuccessfully for years, Purity Made Simple was the solution when used with the Clarisonic. Instead of using incredibly harsh chemicals on my face, this solution simply does a great job of cleaning deeply and well.


2. Peter Thomas Roth Complexion Correction Pads ($36)
I use these to prevent breakouts, and they do a great job of it without being too harsh for my sensitive skin.


3. Hope in a Jar ($38)

It's a simple, light moisturizer that doesn't make my face break out.


4. DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask ($38)



I use this product as a mask about twice a week, and it does a decent job of reducing pore size and keeping breakouts at bay. Sometimes, I'll use it as a spot treatment overnight. You have to be careful not to keep it on for too long, as it'll really dry out your face!


5. Philosophy Microdelivery Peel Two-Step ($65)

This is probably my favorite skin care product. I use it once a week, and it's not at all harsh like you'd expect a peel to be. It has a fresh citrus scent and leaves your skin feeling smoother than a baby's butt. I love it!


And that's pretty much my skin care routine. I'll sometimes substitute out other moisturizers (I like DDF as well) but having this routine for a while now has given me great skin! I rarely have breakouts and if I ever do, they are easily controlled.

What is your skincare routine?

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment