" " " complate desaign home: Tutorial: Change up your go-to look in 3 easy steps

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tutorial: Change up your go-to look in 3 easy steps

Jeans, shirts, Uggs/boots. This is practically teenage uniform; as popular as the Jonas Brothers are with the tween set. To give you an idea of how easy it is to get out of this rut, I quickly threw together this tutorial.


Nautical batwing shirt. Spread your arms and smile.
Charming!

99.9% of the teenagers I know would style the shirt something like this:
Skintight jeans: check. Uggs: check. Annoyingly content-with-oneself grin: check. (Please pay no mind to the fact that my Uggs are mismatching, I seem to have misplaced them.)

I hate this style. Although I am guilty of wearing some variation of it way too often (save for the Uggs, I haven't worn them out in over a year), I resolve to not look like one of the masses in the New Year.

Here is a very simple way to change things up:

STEP 1:

Locate old, colorful, tribal print tank top that seemed like a good idea at time of purchase.

This one will do.


STEP 2
Locate old crinoline skirt/tutu (from slutty angel costume for Halloween) and put it on. Tuck in straps of tank top and put it on over the crinoline like so:




STEP 3
Add ~*sassy*~neon bracelet.




STEP 3
Pull tank top fully over crinoline for extra POOF.


VoilĂ ! Painless and easy transformation, plus you won't get glared at in malls for wearing Uggs. If people are staring, it's likely because you're wearing a DIYed mini hoop-skirt. And that's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment