" " " complate desaign home: less is less

Saturday, January 8, 2011

less is less

As a person who is incredibly materialistic, it is hard for me, as a consumer, to embrace the new minimalism being sold to us. Of course, I'll ignore the hypocrisy for the sake of fashion and instead focus my attention on the beautiful nude palettes the designers are encouraging us to possess (or not).

all photos property of style.com
blumarine, Chloe, Doo.ri, Ports 1961


Julien MacDonald, however, does it best. (I am biased, I am madly in love with this man.) (We also share the same sentiments on fur, so he gets bonus points.)


Julien Macdonald


Once again attempting to make nudes work for my ghost-like skin tone, I threw on one of the only nude dresses I own and smized like a starving model.


Dress- H&M
Shoes- Salvatore Ferragamo
Trench- Burberry

If I can (sort of) pull off minimalism, you can too! Although sartorial minimalism should be redefined, not to be confused with the minimalism that would discourage consumerism of minimal items. Does that make sense? If not, please stare at this lovely picture of a look from Maison Martin Margiela from S/S 2011. I feel it accurately sums up my feelings towards minimalism.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment